2020 Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity
Though the 2020 Chevy Colorado is a mid-size pickup, you can count on it to stand up to nearly any challenge you have on Lawrenceville job sites and weekend adventures. The Chevy Colorado towing capacity maxes out at 7,700 pounds, enabling you to easily tow a small boat or compact camper to get away from Suwanee for a while. Learn more about just how much this dependable pickup is capable of before you get behind the wheel at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth!
Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity by Engine
Proper equipment is required to hit the maximum Chevy Colorado towing capacity, but each trim level is capable of delivering impressive specs. To help you make the right choice, here’s an overview of how your engine choice will affect the Chevy Colorado towing abilities:
- Colorado w/ 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine – Equipped with the base-level 2.5L 4-cylinder, the Colorado can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Colorado w/ 3.6L V6 – The upgraded 3.6L V6 engine is also rated to tow a maxium of 3,500 pounds, but when you opt for the available towing package, you’ll increase that number to 7,000 pounds.
- Colorado w/ Duramax® 2.8L Turbo-Diesel 4-Cylinder – Opt for the Duramax® diesel engine to gain access to the 7,700-pound maximum towing capacity, or 7,600 pounds with four-wheel drive.
Johns Creek shoppers who opt for the premium Colorado ZR2 trim will be limited to a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. But rest assured, that’s more than enough power to tow a small boat or even a couple of ATVs, and you’ll appreciate this trim’s off-road capabilities when you’re heading out on a rugged adventure.
More on the Colorado Engine Options
As we noted above, there are three engines available with the 2020 Chevy Colorado, giving every type of driver something to appreciate under the hood. Take a look at the impressive performance specs that pair with each option:
- 2.5L 4-Cylinder Engine
- 200 hp
- 191 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 26 mpg on the highway
- 3.6L V6 Engine
- 308 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 25 mpg on the highway
- Duramax 2.8L Turbo-Diesel Engine
- 181 hp
- 369 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 30 mpg on the highway
Find Your New Chevy Colorado with Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth!
Don’t wait to start your next great adventure in a 2020 Chevy Colorado! With the classically rugged Chevy towing capacity on your side, there’s not much you can’t do in this mid-size pickup. Contact us when you’re ready to arrange a test drive in Duluth, where you can explore our full inventory of new Colorado trucks and test out the engines that power the Chevy Colorado towing abilities. Before your visit, don’t forget to peruse our new vehicle specials, designed to help you save on your new Colorado! Interested in exploring other Chevy pickup truck options? Compare the Silverado 1500 vs. Ford F-150 to learn more about Chevy’s popular light-duty truck option, or explore heavy-duty solutions in our guide to the Silverado 2500HD towing capacity.