What is the 2021 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?
If you’ve just finished reading the 2021 Chevy Traverse reviews, you’re probably eager to secure the keys to this versatile midsize SUV. But before you make the trip from Lawrenceville, you may wonder, what is the 2021 Chevy Traverse towing capacity? Can it support your family’s weekend trips to the lake? When equipped with the available Trailering Package, Chevrolet Traverse towing maxes out at 5,000 pounds! That’s more than enough to tow a small boat or camper. Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth provides a closer look at the Traverse towing range in the guide below.
Do I Need the Trailering Package?
Wondering if the Trailering Package is worth the extra cost? It depends on how much you plan to tow around Suwanee.
- Without the Trailering Package, the Chevy Traverse towing capacity is limited to 1,500 pounds
- With the Trailering Package, the Chevy Traverse towing capacity increases to 5,000 pounds
If you only need to tow a small trailer every now and then, you’ll probably be fine without the Trailering Package. If you have heavier equipment to tow, like a boat or midsize trailer, you will want to spring for the Trailering Package.
Learn More About Chevrolet Traverse Towing Features
Each of the seven available Traverse configurations are equipped with a standard 310-hp 3.6L V6 engine, which generates 266 lb-ft of torque for smooth towing. This strong engine supports the Chevrolet Traverse towing capabilities, but it doesn’t act alone. There are several more standard and available features that help create a safe towing experience in Johns Creek:
- Optional Trailering Package: The Trailering Package helps you reach a 5,000-pound capacity in the Traverse with a hitch and heavy-duty cooling system to prevent engine strain.
- Tow/Haul Mode: Turn to the Tow/Haul mode on the Driver Mode Control dial to enable automatic adjustments of transmission shift points. The transmission remains in low gear when accelerating, allowing for greater torque generation. When driving downhill with a trailer, the transmission downshifts to help maintain a safe speed without pressing too hard on the brakes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature is included in the Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System. It senses trailer sway and helps get the trailer back on course by applying the brakes.
Discover a New 2021 Traverse in Duluth
When you’re ready to take on new adventures in a 2021 Traverse, stop by our showroom in Duluth. While here, you can check out our new Traverse inventory and talk with our finance professionals about leasing and financing options. Whether you want to lease or buy, our new vehicle specials ensure you will head home in a new SUV for a great price!
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth
The 2022 Chevy Equinox is a fuel-efficient SUV that’s perfect for families, adventurers, and everyone in between. But, just what is the latest Chevy Equinox gas mileage? This smart SUV generates up to 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway in its standard configuration, which means you can get some serious savings on your annual fueling costs…
The new 2022 Chevy Trailblazer is a chameleon of an SUV, able to be anything you need it to be as your daily driver in Lawrenceville. It can be a trail-worthy adventure vehicle or a go-getter in the city, meaning a wide range of Suwanee drivers can make the Trailblazer work for them. Despite its…
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers a rugged towing capacity and surprisingly excellent fuel efficiency for such a large and capable pickup truck. With the 6.2L V8 engine equipped, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds, which is more than enough for Lawrenceville drivers to handle just about anything they throw at it.Work with…