What is the 2021 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?
If you’ve just finished reading the 2021 Chevy Traverse reviews, you’re probably eager to secure the keys to this versatile midsize SUV. But before you make the trip from Lawrenceville, you may wonder, what is the 2021 Chevy Traverse towing capacity? Can it support your family’s weekend trips to the lake? When equipped with the available Trailering Package, Chevrolet Traverse towing maxes out at 5,000 pounds! That’s more than enough to tow a small boat or camper. Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth provides a closer look at the Traverse towing range in the guide below.
Do I Need the Trailering Package?
Wondering if the Trailering Package is worth the extra cost? It depends on how much you plan to tow around Suwanee.
- Without the Trailering Package, the Chevy Traverse towing capacity is limited to 1,500 pounds
- With the Trailering Package, the Chevy Traverse towing capacity increases to 5,000 pounds
If you only need to tow a small trailer every now and then, you’ll probably be fine without the Trailering Package. If you have heavier equipment to tow, like a boat or midsize trailer, you will want to spring for the Trailering Package.
Learn More About Chevrolet Traverse Towing Features
Each of the seven available Traverse configurations are equipped with a standard 310-hp 3.6L V6 engine, which generates 266 lb-ft of torque for smooth towing. This strong engine supports the Chevrolet Traverse towing capabilities, but it doesn’t act alone. There are several more standard and available features that help create a safe towing experience in Johns Creek:
- Optional Trailering Package: The Trailering Package helps you reach a 5,000-pound capacity in the Traverse with a hitch and heavy-duty cooling system to prevent engine strain.
- Tow/Haul Mode: Turn to the Tow/Haul mode on the Driver Mode Control dial to enable automatic adjustments of transmission shift points. The transmission remains in low gear when accelerating, allowing for greater torque generation. When driving downhill with a trailer, the transmission downshifts to help maintain a safe speed without pressing too hard on the brakes.
- Trailer Sway Control: This feature is included in the Stabilitrak® Electronic Stability Control System. It senses trailer sway and helps get the trailer back on course by applying the brakes.
Discover a New 2021 Traverse in Duluth
When you’re ready to take on new adventures in a 2021 Traverse, stop by our showroom in Duluth. While here, you can check out our new Traverse inventory and talk with our finance professionals about leasing and financing options. Whether you want to lease or buy, our new vehicle specials ensure you will head home in a new SUV for a great price!
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth
2022 Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity
While the 2022 Chevrolet Colorado is technically a mid-size pickup, this beast offers performance on par with some of the biggest trucks around. For 2022, the Chevy Colorado towing capacity reaches a formidable 7,000 pounds. That’s more than enough muscle to help you take on work projects in Lawrenceville and weekend adventures in Suwanee. If…
What is the 2022 Chevy Blazer Towing Capacity?
The new Chevy Blazer is a popular choice among adventurous drivers in Lawrenceville! With an available 3.6L V6 engine and a spacious cargo area, the 2022 Blazer can rise to any challenge with ease. But, how much can a Chevy Blazer tow? If you have lots of weekend toys or you’re an avid DIYer, this…
2022 Chevy Equinox Towing Capacity
If you’re impressed by the Chevy Equinox fuel economy and the fun range of colors, you might be ready to take the leap and upgrade your ride at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth. But some drivers will also want to know, can a Chevy Equinox tow? Yes! The 2022 Chevy Equinox towing capacity maxes out at 1,500 pounds. Learn…
0 comment(s) so far on What is the 2021 Chevy Traverse Towing Capacity?