How Much Can a Silverado 1500 Tow?
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers a rugged towing capacity and surprisingly excellent fuel efficiency for such a large and capable pickup truck. With the 6.2L V8 engine equipped, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds, which is more than enough for Lawrenceville drivers to handle just about anything they throw at it.Work with us at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth near Suwanee for more information about the 2021 Chevy Silverado payload, towing capacity, trim levels, and more. Or if you’re ready, you can schedule a test drive by contacting us today.
Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity
When it comes to the Silverado 1500 payload, and the Chevy Silverado towing capability, it’s all thanks to the remarkable engine selection. The engine selection also produces the impressive capacity of 13,300 pounds and more pulling capability to have created a beast of a truck. Here is a rundown of the engines and towing capabilities:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. It’s also the standard Silverado 1500 engine.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds and also increases efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: With this available engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 generates an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel powertrain, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also be able to pull out 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque on the roads near Suwanee.
2021 Silverado Towing Features
You shouldn’t only be asking how much can the Silverado 1500 tow when it’s far more versatile than that. The Silverado is as capable as you’d expect on the job around Johns Creek, but it’s thriftier than you might think on the highway offering up to 23 city and 33 highway mpg. Every Silverado trim includes the Trailering Package standard, and a variety of towing upgrades help you to take advantage of the full Silverado 1500 payload and towing capacity:
- Standard Silverado 1500 Trailering Package: 7-wire electrical harness and 7-pin sealed connector, Trailer Hitch, Trailering hitch platform, 2-inch receiver hitch, 4-pin, and 7-pin connectors, and Hitch Guidance.
- Available 6-speed Automatic Transmission: Electronically controlled with overdrive, with Tow/Haul mode, high upshift points, and raised downshift points.
- Available Custom Convenience Package: Remote Start, content theft alarm, rear-window defogger, LED cargo bed lighting, EZ Lift, power lock, and a release tailgate.
- Available Max Trailering Package: Revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, and more.
Take Home a New Chevy Silverado 1500 Today from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth
If you’re ready to take home a new Chevy Silverado 1500, then let our finance department show you how easy it is to own a powerful Silverado 1500 with all the payload capacity you need. Apply for financing today, so that you can enjoy your Silverado 1500 that much sooner.
More from Rick Hendrick Chevrolet Duluth
The 2022 Chevy Equinox is a fuel-efficient SUV that’s perfect for families, adventurers, and everyone in between. But, just what is the latest Chevy Equinox gas mileage? This smart SUV generates up to 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway in its standard configuration, which means you can get some serious savings on your annual fueling costs…
The new 2022 Chevy Trailblazer is a chameleon of an SUV, able to be anything you need it to be as your daily driver in Lawrenceville. It can be a trail-worthy adventure vehicle or a go-getter in the city, meaning a wide range of Suwanee drivers can make the Trailblazer work for them. Despite its…
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers a rugged towing capacity and surprisingly excellent fuel efficiency for such a large and capable pickup truck. With the 6.2L V8 engine equipped, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds, which is more than enough for Lawrenceville drivers to handle just about anything they throw at it.Work with…